Sunday, October 12, 2014

Trolling.. a new religion on Internet

Like many of my posts, this one too has been on my mind for a very very long time.

Its the new adventure sports I observe around specially on the social media like Facebook, Twitter, Secret et al, its called Trolling. Supposedly considered to be for the elites, better cookie points for better trolls. More likes and shares for darker deeper sarcasm, making the troller a demi God amongst their circles. The trollers creative juices improve by the passing days and they become parasitic feeding on your silent likes and shares. These parasites derive some deep satiation in bringing people down. Like feeding on others literally!

I somehow always found myself really out of the place in any forum where I saw trolling being the mainstream. And I comfortably gave blind eye to all these trolls and minded my own way for better, quietly.

But recently something made me think and feel really hard. Got to know from a friend of friend that she felt terrible about the casual remarks people make about her on a friends chat group. Although I was on the same group but I never actively rose my voice against it and became a part of the herd passively. It started from simple little humor and went upto personal remarks.

I feel nauseated seeing people pull down people in the name of trolling. Even when they know the recipient is not enjoying being the butt of their jokes. What kinda joy does one get by hurting, insulting, making fun or making personal remarks on anyone known and even worse unknown people on the social media? Trolling is pretty much accepted and considered cool these days,funnier your troll the cooler you are.
From individuals to corporates (refering to Flipkart's recent #BigBillionDay) to celebrities too these days ( Alia Bhat per se, common she is just 21, what were you at 21? Get a life? ) Cynical and sadist such trollers sound to me.

By the way, here is how wiki defines Trolling "troll (/ˈtrl//ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]

What kind of human one is?  Doesn't one has anything better to do in life? Are you a parasite? If yes, like seriously? Maybe use your creative energy somewhere better?

Raise your voice. Maybe that friend or acquaintance you always bully/ see getting bullied is silently developing trauma (quite probable!) Also, by hit and trial, I learnt, funny things are funny only when they are happening to others. Make trollers taste their own medicine ;) 

No comments: